Imagine you have recently accepted a position as an assistant principal at an elementary school. One of your duties is to train new teachers in classroom management. What classroom management skills would you like your prospective teachers to possess? Use the following questions to gather your thoughts.
- Think about your favorite teacher. What made this teacher special? Did he or she have good classroom management? Describe his or her classroom.
- What is classroom management?
- Why is a positive learning environment important and how does it relate to the success of students?
- How do classroom management skills relate to the success or failure of a classroom? Of a student? Of a teacher?
- What characteristics do you possess to promote effective learning skills?
Write the answers to the questions in the comments by 11:59 pm on Friday November 9th.